Sunday Mornin' [Plaid Room Exclusive]
RELEASE DATE: 11/29/2019
Grant Green is a jazz guitar legend with dozens of releases and was the “in house” session guitarist during the magical years of Rudy Van Gelder at Blue Note Records! Sunday Mornin’ was recorded in 1961, released in 1962 and this is the first reissue of it in nearly 50 years! An authentic analog audiophile release. Commenting on the playback of the analog tapes used to cut this release, mastering engineer Kevin Gray said,”Rudy’s sound doesn’t get any better than this, it really doesn’t”. He would know, Kevin has cut more Blue Note lacquers than anybody in the world.
- Recorded by Rudy Van Gelder
- Lacquers cut by Kevin Gray from the original analog tapes
- Plated and pressed at RTI
- 180g pressing, housed in a Stoughton "old-style" tip-on jacket, rice paper inner sleeve
- Limited edition of 1000 copies on blue vinyl, exclusive to Plaid Room Records
Blue vinyl is limited to 1000 copies.